- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- Eligibility Criteria
- Contact Details
Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET), Pune is a Part of the glorious MITs Group of Institutions, Pune, India. Under the valuable guidance of Dr. V.D.Karad Founder trustee MAEER’s MIT Group Of institutions MANET was established in 2001 at Pune By Dr. Mangesh T. Karad to impart world-class Maritime Training.
Approximately 1,00,000 (one lakh) ships ply the vast oceans of the earth. These ships are in constant need of trained and skilled personnel to remain afloat and to keep the marine trade ticking. MANET response to this need for highly-skilled and well-trained maritime professionals. MANET is situated at a picturesque location in Loni-Kalbhor on the banks of the Mula- Mutha River.
It has experienced and competent faculty, an excellent infrastructure and the world class facilities to provide the best possible study environment for budding marine cadets.
MANET’S a four –year marine engineering and the three-yr. B. Sc. Nautical Science courses are recognized by the Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), Nashik and approved by D.G. Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, and Government of India. And from this year it is been affiliated to Indian Maritime University (Madras). The course encompasses all aspects of maritime training which includes mechanical, electrical & electronic engineering as well as computer science, navigation, seamanship & basic sciences. The MANET campus has well-equipped laboratories, workshops, luxuriously furnished hostels, outdoor & indoor sports facilities, a swimming pool & a ship-in-campus. A boat clubs is available for the cadets to gain proficiency in boating, which is a crucial need for their maritime careers.
The ship-in-campus ‘Training Ship-Vishwanath’ assembled at the MANET campus depicts an actual ship. It occupies a place of pride at MANET. It is an excellent facility that familiarizes cadets with on board machinery & system with operational & maintenance routine. MITSUI OSK Lines Maritime (India) Ltd.(MOLMI) has opened a training Centre at MANET & commissioned 360° bridge SIMULATOR which adds the learning features of seafarer activities.
The placement cell at MANET supports the cadets in getting jobs in reputed shipping companies. Eight batches of MANET have already joined the bustling maritime profession & are working successfully all over the globe.
Prof. Subodh Devgaonkar
- +91 20 26 91 2901/02/03
- Ranked 5th among top 10 Merchant Navy Institutes in India.
- Assessed and graded "A1″ (Outstanding) with credit points of 91.91% overall by Indian Register of Shipping (IRS) under Comprehensive Inspection Programme of D.G. Shipping, Govt. of India for the two pre-sea courses conducted at MANET
B.Tech Marine Engineering
Duration – 4 years
- Trainee Engineer (*Salary 25,000/- to 35,000/-p.m.)
4 Years Degree (Marine Engineering)+ Four Basic STCW modular
- Fourth Engineer/ Third Engineer (* Salary 1,00,000 to 1,50,000/-p.m.)
6 months sea service as a Trainee Engineer + 3 months preparatory courses (opt.) + passing in Class IV part B exam
- Second Engineer (*Salary 2,00,000 to 4,00,000/-p.m.)
12 Months sea service as a Class IV Engineer + 4 months preparatory courses+ passing in Class II exam.
- Chief Engineer (*salary 4,00,000/p.m.& above)
18 Months sea service as a Second Engineer with class II certificates + 2 months course + passing in class I exam.
|Average % of Placements (On campus + Off Campus)||B.Tech. 75.29
|Highest Compensation ( in Lakhs)||4|
|Average Compensation ( in Lakhs)||3|
|Average Number of Companies visiting / year||20|
Under Graduate courses
|Course Name||Intake||Duration||Affiliated to University|
|B. Tech. Marine Engineering Degree Course||200||4 Years||YCMOU/IMU|
|B.Sc Nautical Science||120||3 Years||YCMOU|
For Under Graduate
As per Rules & Regulations of D.G. Shipping, Govt. of India
Under graduate courses
- Age: Candidates of less than 25 years of age, as on the 1st of August, in the year of admission will be eligible to apply. The date of birth as recorded on the applicants School Leaving Certificate will be considered for this purpose. The Upper age limit for admission relaxed for SC/ST candidates by 5 Years.
- Sex: MANET encourages the participation of both sexes without discrimination.
- Marital Status: Only Unmarried candidates will be considered.
- Academic Qualifications: The candidate must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with:
i) at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and
ii) at least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.
- Physical Fitness: The Institute has laid down detailed minimum physical fitness and medical standards (Please, Refer the link Medical Requirement from the menu-B.Tech Marine Engineering). The candidate has to meet these standards to qualify for admission. You are advised to have yourself medically examined by competent doctors before applying. This will ensure that you meet the minimum requirements, which in turn will avoid disappointment at a later stage.
- Note: Candidates for the B.Sc. Nautical Science course must have 6/6 vision in both eyes without spectacles and no colour blindness.
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training
Gat No. 140,Rajbaug,
- +91 20 26 91 2901 /02 /03
- +91 20 26 91 2904