- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- Eligibility Criteria
- Contact Details
MIT College of Food Technology is established in the year 2006 by great visionary Prof. (Dr.) Vishwanath D. Karad. The vision is to take India ahead in the field of Food processing qualitatively and quantitatively. Dr. Mangesh T. Karad is executive Director of the institute has taken initiative to establish the same.
The college is affiliated to Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri and Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research, Pune (M.S.). The college offers an undergraduate program leading to B. Tech. (Food Technology) a Four years degree course.
Food Technology is a branch of food science that deals with the production processes that make foods. This branch of technology includes learning of the various processes such as canning, Preservation, Pasteurization, production etc. Today’s Double income group and Mall culture ,in day today life needs , is in demand of various readymade processed food products .Highly trained and professional are absorbed by industry . With this thought we have developed this MIT college of Technology at one of our premium campus at Rajbaugh ,Loni Kalbhor, Pune.
Careers in food technology typically deal with the quality of food before it reaches the consumer market. People in this field may wish to pursue jobs as food research technicians, who test food products for nutritional value and preservatives, or work with regulations of the Food and Drug Administration. Others may prefer a career in food inspection, ensuring that food that reaches the public is safe for consumption by running tests on both packaging and the food itself. Another option is to become a food product development director, a position which works to develop new food products or technologies to help preserve and package food. Several Job Opportunities after completing this B.Tech (Food Technology) are open to the students who are passed out or they can choose post-graduation as well as Doctorate degree in the same field. Fresh Graduates can be absorbed as a Food Research Technician, Food Inspector, Food Product Development Director such kind of different job opportunities are available.
Features of MITCFT:
- MIT is Most Preferred Destination for Academicians as it impart value-based education.
- We practice in encouraging and research oriented atmosphere with professional work ethics.
- MIT group has the largest strength of qualified, committed, competent staff members compared to any other similar institutes.
- One of the pioneering educational conglomerate in Pune.
- Best full time faculty with rich experience in research and academics
- Visiting faculties and guest lecturers from corporate and industries from India and abroad
- Well-equipped laboratories and well versed technicians to operate for instruments
- Corporate and placement cell active from day one
- Hands on experiences on various processing unit in the campus.
- Visit to the plants are organized.
Prof. (Dr.) Vasant N. Pawar
- +91 (20) - 26912907
"A" grade received by Accreditation Committee, Agriculture University MPKV Rahuri, Dist. Ahmednagar.
|Average % of Placements (On campus + Off Campus)||Highest Compensation (in Lakhs)||Average Compensation (in Lakhs)||Average Number of Companies visiting / year|
- Eurasin Analytical Service Center Pune.
- Sonai Dairy , Indapur.
- Chital Bandu Mithaiwale Pune.
- Mehta Dairy, Kolhapur.
- Malganga Dairy –Parner.
- Doehlar India Pvt. Ltd.Pune.
- Masai Food Industry Co. Ltd. Tanzania.
Under Graduate Courses:
|Course Name||Intake||Duration||DurationYear of Starting||Affiliated to University||Govt. Approval|
|B. Tech. Food (Tech.) Degree Course||80||4 years||2006||Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Rahuri & MCAER, Pune||Yes|
- As per Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd.(MKCL)Pune .
- Candidates seeking admission in management quota should also apply online through MKCL. Our College Code no.16172.
Amounts in INR
|Mess Fee||34,000 or 47,000|
|Hostel Fee||30,000 or 45,000|
12th std. passed in 10+2 (PCB) Pattern from Maharashtra State Board of higher secondary Education or an equivalent Examination & 12 th std. equivalence certificate by Indian High commission of various countries are also eligible for admission.
- MIT Institute of Food Technology
Gate.No.140, Rajbaug Educational Complex,
Pune Solapur Highway, Loni-Kalbhor,
- +91 020 - 26 91 2907